Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Predator and Prey

Actually, right now I'm about 90% prey.

Got the game yesterday (woot!), and have been having the time of my life so far. Even something as simple as fishing turns out to be a nerve wracking experience looking around constantly worrying someone is going to come along and gank me for my fishing pole :)

I started as an elf, thinking I'd go bow and daggers to max my dex gains, but it honestly was too rough for me. The elf area was covered with people and aside from getting ganked by alfar a few times I also got it from other elves here and there (I don't think it helped that I designed my elf to look like an alfar, blue skin white hair etc).

Not the most illustrious start for a wanna be solo pk'er. But right now I am focusing on pve efforts to build my character up before engaging in hunting people. So, after a few hours of elf, I rerolled as an orc. Mostly because I've read the orc's are the race with the fewest people playing, and also because I liked their stat distribution.

I've been doing much better as orc, it really is a less populated area, I've been ganked a few times by roving human/dwarf gangs but they are few and far between right now, and I haven't been attacked by another orc yet, the population seems to stick together a little bit more because of their low numbers, which is good for me.

I haven't been macro'ing at all, and my orc is at around 25 lesser magic, a decent amount of 1h and 2h blunt, mana missle and heal self also are around 25. I've bought armorsmith and started making armor for myself and also picked up bowyer and am going to work on making arrows next. After that I plan on taking the next 500 gold I get to buy taming so I can harvest my own mounts,

I'm looking to be as self-sufficient as possible so working on a lot more crafting stuff than I do in most games (usually I do little to none). I am concerned about whether a soft-cap will eventually give me troubles for being so jack-of-all trades though. I want to do alchemy as well to make my own potions etc etc.

Not a well written post, just an update of my progress that I'm spitting out during the server downtime :)

3 comments:

  1. You're doing exactly what I would do if I returned. Delete my guy, probably reroll Mahirim (maybe even Alfar :o), solo til the cows come home and work on tradeskills.

    Good luck my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement :) I'm definetly having a blast so far, and yes tradeskills seem pretty vital for a soloer, aside from the stat gains you get it allows you to 'live off the land' and generally be more self-sufficient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been watching peoples comments about Darkfall... I am very curious about the game. I love the excitement of open PvP. Makes me feel like I am behind enemy lines. It is so foreign to me though, to have people invite you to a group... TO KILL YOU. lol

    ReplyDelete